GoKunming Forums

ICBC Account number...

Zooey (7 posts) • 0

I opened an ICBC account yesterday with the help of a local friend. Does anyone know whether the account number is the same as the card number? This is what I was told although there did seem to be some confusion!

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

Your card number is the same as your account number but it is different from your customer number. Make sure you are clear on which they are looking for, although I've never had a case in which I had to use my cust. #. For banking purposes use your card number unless you are receiving an international wire transfer, in which case check with your bank first.

Zooey (7 posts) • 0

Ah thanks. I was going to transfer some money from Australia, I guess I'll pay another visit to the bank.

laofengzi (376 posts) • 0

go to the same location you opened your account they can print a slip with all the information needed for intl transfers. double check your name.

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

Yes! Good advice! Double check the name! I've had loads of problems as the name on my card is all capitals, no spaces. If the name is not written exactly as it is on the card, the money transfer will likely get refused, causing a big headache.

Related forum threads

Login to post