GoKunming Forums

where can i get a medical exam?

christine (2 posts) • 0

I need to get a physical to apply for my 'z' visa. Can I go to any hospital in Kunming or are there specific ones for this type of med exam?

thanks

aandt (32 posts) • 0

unless it has changed recently, you need to go to the entry-exit inspection hospital located near the airport. It is on a side street off of airport road.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

That's where I went. I think it's called: Foreign Traveler's Health Examination Record. Like aandt said, it's near the airport. At the time that I went it cost around 300 RMB back in 2006.

hedgepig (273 posts) • 0

i happen to have the card for the place here. it has no address on it though, just a map, without the road names marked... you need to head for the airport, along chuncheng lu, and hang a right just alongside a smelly polluted river (ironically) called the qingshui he (clear water river). the medical centre is near the next bridge you come to, on the airport side of the river.

the place is called 云南国际旅行卫生保健中心. yunnan guoji lvxing weisheng baojian zhongxin. yunnan international travel hygiene healthcare centre.

phone number is 0871 7161994. opening times are a little odd: 8.30am-11:30am, 2pm-5pm. weekdays only.

the card says to take ID (i.e. passport for foreigners) and three passport type photos (though, i seem to remember they only used two when i went there). i think it was still around 300 kuai when i went there late last year.

Related forum threads

Login to post