GoKunming Forums

Islam info

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

By "these Islam people", do you mean the ordinary 15-20% of the human population who are Muslim, or just the Islamic fundamentalists/Islamists etc.?

Much better, I think, not to imagine that any book presents the unadulterated Word of God.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

god hides in the most unsuspecting places.

the lego movie was directed by....

phil LORD & CHRISTopher miller

Gompo (152 posts) • 0

i agree should not create classes. there areall kinds of muslims, as there all kinds of buddhists or french.

in terms of extremism also, i think we are the extremists of someone else. personally i have strong doubts about french policies in many places of the world where there are muslims, in the past and present.

so i guess french policies could also b called extremists, for instance in algeria

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

The only type of aggression I witnessed when being around Mulsims were non-Muslim white dudes being racially abusive (as usual) to them and calling them "fuck*ng pak*s".

taufic (18 posts) • 0

Hi all
I'm a muslem and i'm not a fanatic.
the translation of quran which Mr bucko sent are difinetely wrong.

you can find any sentence and you mentio ed out of its context and it look verey threatend. you can find in the bible the word swored in hundreds for example.
i remind you that milions killed in the name of christianity: the crusaders, extremes christian movement in usa and africa and of course the holocost with the blessing of pope. insbite of these christianity is a peace religion . the problem is not the religion but the bad people who talks on the name of god

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@nnoble - the Hebrew and Christian God spoke his autobiography a couple of times. In Genesis he spoke his autobiography with, "I am."

When Noah (I think) refused to bring an offer of heavenly forgiveness to a people group he bitterly hated - God launched into yet another spoken and more detailed auto-biography.

Eventually, a bunch of guys (women not permitted) transcribed it into written Hebrew and then the Christians took that and added a new book (the new testament) to it.

It's actually a rather interesting book, depending on which translation one reads. Interesting case studies on human psychology and sociology, leadership, virtues, governance, family, friend, and professional relationships, in multi-cultural environments, etc etc...and some really romantic sections (well - one can take them out of context and use the quotes romantically - my favorite was when Ruth's mother-in-law was trying to get Ruth to take off, after she'd been passed among all her sons (hebrew tradition) as each son died, leaving her childless (and therefore without social security). It starts off something like this, "Where you go, I will go...."

I thought it'd be great to marry a woman like this - although psychiatrists today would label her co-dependent...amongst other things. However, a partner though thick and thin, good and bad, faithful, loyal, loving, reliable...BFL? Best Friends for Life?

But it'd be seriously weird for someone like her to say that today...to her mother-in-law.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

taufic, one MAJOR problem with religion is that it's tied with politics. and politicians WANT WAR. so they manipulate people to FIGHT with each other. And one of the oldest tricks in the books is DIVIDE & CONQUER.

and what better tool to DIVIDE & CONQUER than (drum roll)....RELIGION?

so if you want to follow a religion, maybe it's not that bad in and of itself. but once you start allowing yourself to get manipulated by the media, then it becomes a problem.

what happened in france now is yet another blow to Christianity (western world) vs Islamic world and one step closer to world war 3.

i met a christian missionary couple in Kunming and they were watching all these DVDs about how Muslims are evil and Muslims are plotting to kill all westerners. And so they think we should go into the Middle East and kill everyone there. See how gullible people are and simple-minded and reactionary? And the dirty little secret that no one realizes is that those anti-Islam DVDs. are created by the evil CIA.

so in my opinion, it's better to:
1 - wipe out all religions and start from scratch.
OR
2 - have ONE MAJOR RELIGION and ONE GOD (or NO GOD) that we can all agree on that doesn't divide us.

ps. world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones. things will get REALLY interesting!

pss. in your opinion, is the Muslim religion repressive in the way women are treated?

psss. bring back Athena. best Goddess of all-time!

Related forum threads

Login to post