GoKunming Forums

Kunming compared with Dali ?

Gongsun (13 posts) • 0

Purely in terms of the pursuit of leisure and pleasure how do Kunming and Dali compare?
I ask because after spending the month of February in Kunming I have the option of spending March in Dali and beyond.

PerNordin (50 posts) • 0

Its like comparing apples with grapes...

I love Dali. It is a very very very small city, very quiet, very slow paced and very beautiful, even outside the walls. Its main income is - as far as I know - tourism (mainly Chinese tourists) and therefore it is crowded during the golden weeks.
If you like nature, country-side and quiet relaxation or hiking / cycling, then Dali is your place.
And from there you can go to other more rural places.

Actually, if I could, I would love to move to Dali.

But be aware of its high altitude, with the low oxygen-level (if you have a weak heart) and very potent sun (wear hat plus good strong sunscreen) and that the air can be very cold even when the sun is very warm, so watch out for frost-bite if you cycle.

Enjoy!

Tiger (66 posts) • 0

I've often felt that Kunming, because it is a large capital city, isn't at a high altitude either, but it is, and sun-screen, etc. should be considered.

By the way, does anyone know that altitude of Dali town?

Ahmet (98 posts) • 0

Various sources on the web list between 2,000 to 2,200 meters above sea level. Kunming is 1,894 meters.

PerNordin (50 posts) • 0

Jag bor tyvärr inte i Kina... Jag kom till KunMing 2 år sen och tänkte stanna ett år, minst 6 månader, men av många olika orsaker blev det bara 6 veckor innan jag åkte hem till Sverige igen.
Jag har längtat och planerat komma tillbaka sen dess.

Så, om allt går väl, så återkommer jag till Kina och KunMing efter sommaren och bosätter mig kanske där permanent.
Jag är bildkonstnär / kompositör, men har ägnat mest av min tid att försöka försörja mig. Nu känner jag att jag vill skita i allt, flytta till KunMing och bara fokusera på min musik. Det är min plan.

Än du då? Hur trivs du? Hur länge har du bott där? Vad gör du? :)

Du kan nå mig direkt på Per(snabel-a)LonelyArts(punkt)com
Du kan höra lite av min musik och se lite av min konst på min myspace. www.myspace.com/pernordin

Related forum threads

Login to post