GoKunming Forums

Getting a new visa

Wally (9 posts) • 0

Hi guys! My visa, which now is a 30 days tourist visa, will expire on the 4th of jenuary and I need to get a new one. The company i work for in my country doesnt have a chinese company that can give me an invitation letter for business.So i have to find a way to extend visa..I also thought about booking a chinese course but all the schools i contacted said they cant help me with visa and at university the booking period is already finished. can you please give me some suggest? Any visa would be fine for me.Thanks very much

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

They don't give out one year visas unless you have a business, are married to a Chinese national or attending school. I don't know of any other way other then leaving and reapplying for another tourist visa. Maybe I'm wrong.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

They don't give out one year visas unless you have a business, are married to a Chinese national or attending school. I don't know of any other way other then leaving and reapplying for another tourist visa. Maybe I'm wrong.

Wally (9 posts) • 0

Business M type visa as far as i know are also possible. Its only that I have yet to open the market here in China and I dont know any chinese companies that can invite me for business.
I met plenty of agencies that promise a 12 months multi entry M type visa by sending the passport to the US and apply from there..anyone of you have had experience with this? i have been told isnt legal.. do you think is worth the risk?

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

If you are a USA passport holder, the agents probably can get you that visa, but I assume you'll be doing this outside of China?

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

@Wally: I don't know if it's legal (sending to US) but I know it works, at least if sent by a particular travel organization in Hong Kong.

indosailor (13 posts) • 0

Not advisable! One of my friends tried the same way and got charged with involvement in visa fraud. The result was that they were expelled from the country with a 5 year "no entry" restriction. Lucky enough no further charges were pressed. The Visa Office does know this practice and the agencies that are involved.

Related forum threads

Login to post