GoKunming Forums

Apple ID/Password Issue

wanderlust9 (35 posts) • 0

My MacBook Pro hard drive broke last week and I got my computer fixed.

Now my operating system is in Chinese and I don't know how to change it to English. Does anyone know how to do this without going back to the shop?

Also, now my Apple ID password isn't working (and I have tried the only six passwords that I EVER use!). When I try to answer my security question, it tells me that my birthdate is wrong and won't let me progress any further.

I tried contacting the Apple Chat support, but for some reason I ended up waiting forever and the chat sessions never loaded, no matter how many times I restarted the session.

PLEASE HELP!? THANK YOU!!!

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

You probably should go back to the store. The line of least resistance.
At a guess, I would say the Mac store may done a re-install and the stores engineer has left his/her password on the machine. They should also be able to change the language easily, if this is possible.

One more thought, have you tried leaving the password blank and hitting return?

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

They probably changed the keyboard layout when changing the language.
Type all numbers and letters of your password unhidden to see if it's correct.

To change the language, click on the apple logo, then the 4th item. In the window that opens, click the blue flag. Then in the next window, there will be a list of languages on the left, change it to English.

Krismoonpie (80 posts) • 0

In the list of languages in the settings Chinese will be first and English will be second, just drag English above Chinese and the language will change to English.

wanderlust9 (35 posts) • 0

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions!

The winner is Krismoonpie!!! It worked like a charm and now I can happily read everything without relying on my Pleco dictionary!!!

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!

Related forum threads

Login to post