GoKunming Forums

Persian restaurant - Beichen FC

disco cindo (41 posts) • 0

Hello,
Has anyone got any contact details for the new Persian restaurant that is close to Burger King in the Beichen FC area?

I would like to go there for lunch and I am a/ not quite sure where it is and b/ not quite sure of its opening days/hours.

A GK search hasn't found any results. Thanks in advance!

neddy (277 posts) • 0

I would also love to get this information. What is Persian cuisine like? It would certainly be worth a trip to try it!

chris8080 (226 posts) • 0

It's my friend mehdi's restaurant. Name and address in chinese is: 神秘波斯红酒烤肉餐厅, 欣都龙城一栋4

neddy (277 posts) • 0

Alien what else does it include? That does not sound too appealing to be honest lol, but surely there is more to it?

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Probably like most Arabian food: kebab, naan bread, pilau rice and yogurt.

We were expecting middle eastern choices like flat bread, felafel, rice, hommus, maybe some nice yohurt based sauces..unforunately they had none of the above. They did have kebab style meat, but they were small and pricey. There was one lamb dish for 120y. Very attentive service, though we were the only customers. Great potential but with the current Chinese style menu, I probably wouldn't hurry back.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Something like Arab food, yes, but not identical; Iranians are not Arabs. Truth is, I find a lot of it a bit bland, but I can't remember having really high-class Iranian food. Very surprised the restaurant in question did not have flat bread, rice or yoghurt-based sauces (surely they had yoghurt, no?)
What do you mean by 'Chinese style menu'?

Nope, none of the above.. and we checked in English and Chinese. Althoughh I think they had pLain rice. When I say Chinese style menu, I mean many of the dishes appeared mostly Chinese in origin and flavours. If I were to look at the menu without knowing the restaurant, I would think it was Chinese or possibly Chinese/Western fusion.

Related forum threads

Login to post