Keats School


Good (English-speaking) hospitals in Kunming?

hildeagnete (2 posts) • 0

I need to go to a hospital to get a suspicious-looking mole checked out and I'm wondering if there's a good hospital here in Kunming, maybe one where the doctors speak English? I arrived here just two weeks ago and my Chinese is really basic... I do have some friends here who speak Chinese fluently, but they are quite busy and I don't know if they would have the time to be my interpreter. I'd be really happy if someone could give me some tips!

tallamerican (396 posts) • 0

If i remember correctly Richland was discussed in length on a forum in the past and comments were not so good. Have only heard good about International Clinic 0871-64119100, English speaking foreign doctors.

OceanOcean (1173 posts) • 0

Yes, Richland is hit-or-miss. Chinese doctors with some English. International Clinic has western doctors who will diagnose you well, but send you on to Chinese horpitals for tests and non-trivial treatment. I've used both places. Recommend Int Clinic. Details for both can be found with a search on this site.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

You should go to the dermatology hospital. This hospital only deal with skin. I don't know the address but you can ask one of you Chinese friend where it is located.

YuantongsiYuantongsi (716 posts) • 0

The dermatology hospital is on the city side corner of the West HuanCheng road and the South HuanCheng road. They have a lot of expensive testing machines and they are not afraid to charge (use them) you for them.

I had a mole checked in a different city, they cut it off and tested it later.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

maybe go to a GP first? he might declare that's its benign and no need for expensive procedures? GP visit is really cheap.

Login to post Register to post