GoKunming Forums

Thanksgiving Dinners out

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

yeah sorry, ignore my last post.

if you go on the internet and read up on Thanksgiving from the perspective of Native Americans, it would appear that yankee00's comments have some validity.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

For those wishing to experience one of the true joys of American culture - eating to ludicrous excess - Kunming has several venues offering thanksgiving themed meals - to include Wicker Basket, Slice of Heaven (?), etc to name a few. Reserve EARLY as those turkeys are HUGE but require planning to both purchase AND cook (it takes almost an entire half-day to cook these beasts - not to mention the trappings and accessories).

I'll be showing up the next day for discounted turkey sandwiches...

redjon77 (510 posts) • 0

Surprised me this thread, thought you Americans would be together in joyous harmony when talking of 'thanksgiving' :p

Role on xmas :)

tallamerican (396 posts) • 0

Was never about the food at Thanksgiving or the gifts at X-mas but the opportunity to be with family that i might only get to see once a year.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Not so joyous for the Natives. It marked the beginning of their end. If they were the majority today, it would most likely have been called Mourning Day.

redjon77 (510 posts) • 0

@tallamerican that's what xmas mean for me me more than ever now living in kunming, be going back to london for a month in a couple of weeks for plenty of turkey on xmas day with the family :)

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

although, Turkey is pretty tasteless due to its low fat content, so I'm not envious of that! The thing I miss most about England in winter is the central heating!

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Winter is a funny time to miss England, in my opinion. Or anywhere else that is wet/cold (e.g., Paris).

Related forum threads

Login to post