GoKunming Forums

Thanksgiving Dinners out

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

I know. I'm just asking if the killings or Tibetans, Uyghurs, Hans are also celebrated like those of American Natives.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

yes, but this celebration is honoring the Natives in some way because it's a celebration of their beliefs.

every animal has some kind of spiritual significance in Native mythology. and the turkey represents honoring Mother Earth for nourishing us and reminding us of the importance of nature and connection to it, etc....

www.spiritanimal.info/turkey-spirit-animal/

tallamerican (396 posts) • 0

@Yankee00, I had no idea that at Thanksgiving we were celebrating the slaughter of Native Americans. I will for sure tell the Native Americans friends that i grew up with and my Native American relatives that we can no longer celebrate together. They will be horrified when i tell them what you have disclosed. Everyone please have a nice holiday season. Sorry for being so off topic.

neddy (277 posts) • 0

If you are truly hoping to find a traditional American Thanksgiving meal in China, I suggest looking at Western restaurants such as the Wicker Basket.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

US Thanksgiving has no relationship to recognizing the spiritual significance of animals in any of the numerous different Native mythologies in North America or anywhere else. It is a celebration of one, perhaps not the best, variety of Applied Christianity.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

As a true American - I should pitch in on going vege - simply lobby the turkey society to have the vege either or both listed as a vegetable and de-listed as a meat.

We legalized international kidnapping, incarceration without due process of law, and torture - so why not modify this simple thing.

Related forum threads

Login to post