GoKunming Forums

Ice hockey in KM - looking for players

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

scrimmages are what? just skates?

they rent western sized skates?

yeah, i've played before, but i'm no spring chicken. the age group is fairly mixed?

bumble2 (18 posts) • 0

Scrimmages are 5 on 5 games.

They rent out skates of a wide range of sizes. Unless you have extra large feet, they should have your size.

Age range of players 20-40. A couple of well trained teenagers are also in the mix.

bumble2 (18 posts) • 0

I would also add that the team has traveled together to Hong Kong, Chengdu, Chongqing, and Beijing in past years to play in tournaments. It's added fun and great exposure for new players!

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

actually, my plans are in flux right now. i may leave km.

but if i stay long-term, i'll seriously consider it because i used to really enjoy playing. but i would have to get myself into shape first before getting on the ice. i haven't exercised much in a long time and if i just hop on the skates i'll injure myself.

i have your contact details. thanks a lot for all the info.

Kernalpanx (74 posts) • 0

I live in Dali and well I would be Gordie Howe ... Over 50 and playing since 6 ..... Biggest disappointment when I moved from beijing to dali was no more hockey .....what days and what time? I have all the gear ...it might be a biweekly drive thing ... Drove 1300 km for deep fried clams once ... This would not be so bad for a skate.

bumble2 (18 posts) • 0

Hi Kernalpanx, welcome to join of course. Dali is far but I can sense that like us you're determined to play, so distance won't deter you:) And hey who knows perhaps after some time you'd decide to move to KM becos of it? It's usually Sun evening 830-10pm. From time to time some weekday nights as well. Contact Hox and he can give you details.

Kernalpanx (74 posts) • 0

Thanks.... This means a night in Kunming. May be a hard sell for the wife. Could be a monthly or bi weekly thing. So this is no slap shot no contact scrimmage? I am assuming not everyone has full gear.

bumble2 (18 posts) • 0

Perhaps bring your family along and that may make it easier. Most have full gear and we do take slap shots but by and large no intentional contact.

Related forum threads

Login to post