GoKunming Forums

International Phone Calls

prd34 (59 posts) • 0

Hi, I have just moved into an apartment and have transferred the phone into my name but am having trouble making overseas phone calls. The phone company has told me that I can make a phone call by using an IP access code like 11808 and then the country code plus the number or just dialing the country code and the number directly. However, I have not been able to do this. I am wondering if there is an international access code that I also need to dial. regards, prd34

acierno (1 post) • 0

Hey, I found one of the cheapest phone cards around, you can usually use them for free from your cell phone. They cost about 22-25 RMB and last for an hour or more depending on the country. Just check the shop near the jianshalu bus stop and ask for a "guojia car" A lot of shops have them and there really a good deal
good luck

prd34 (59 posts) • 0

Thanks for the information, but actually I don't use cell phones since I found that the microwave emissions make me ill. I need to call from a landline.

peace

prd34

prd34 (59 posts) • 0

OK! I finally got the word from the phone company - after a week - that I need to dial 00 before the country code. I am surprized that no one knew this before. But what can you expect from a company which promotes the frying of people's brains with microwave radiation. :(

jaccy (4 posts) • 0

Alternatively you can buy this 17908 calling card and dial from your landline using it. The card costs ard 25-28 bucks. Don't call direct using 00, the phone companiese here charge really exorbitant rates. 17908 usually lasts around 30mins-1hr depending on which coutry you are calling to.

jackhendler (6 posts) • 0

microwave emissions "frying your brains"? COme on... really! That silly theory was scientifically dismissed years ago as bs. If you want to worry about something... try thinking about all the emf radiation bombarding you 24/7 from electrical lines and appliances. That would make more sense than the microwatt energy a cell phone emits.

Related forum threads

Login to post