GoKunming Forums

Do you cook in Kunming? What do you cook?

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

I saw them do it. Then lemon juice is applied on it to cover the smell.
If you stay there until late, near closing time, when they restock the "fresh produce" shelves with fruits and vegetables from the cold room for the next morning, you might get lucky and also see them do it.

Stella Lee (12 posts) • 0

As for the Metro, their business model is definitely towards individual customers. One can register a metro card(办卡)first and then top it up(充值), usually hundreds of RMB. After that, you can go and get whatever you want in metro and cashier it with your metro card. It is something like the loyalty card. Hope you enjoy your Metro shopping^_^

xiaococo (53 posts) • 0

About meat... I've seen how they raise the animals here and it's not pretty. I don't want to support a (short, thankfully,) life of suffering. Unless it's cage-free and killed humanely, I'm not going there. That's why I don't eat meat in China. Raised on a farm, happy life, sure. But that's just my personal opinion/ beliefs. So, veges it is!

- Oven baked 'sweet potato' chips
- Stir fry broccoli w garlic
- Mushrooms here are good

If anyone finds free-range please let me know, I will happily support these farmers and pay them extra for the meat.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

there are a couple of farms in the gokm listings. maybe you can try contacting them and ask them which markets they supply to and how they raise their animals.

Eden Farm Kunming Office
(0871) 69227229

Haobao Organic Farm, Kunming office
18206761250(English),4008909666

Related forum threads

Login to post