GoKunming Forums

Do NOT marry a Chinese woman

Haali (1178 posts) • +1

I feel for you KMdragon. Marriage to me is something of a strange arrangement. Fact is, its not a good idea to promise to love someone unconditionally, cos it means that if the other person doesn't love you at any point after the wedding they can take advantage and treat you badly, safe in the knowledge that their spouse has promised to love and look after them them no matter what. In the case of a divorce, assets are typically shared 50/50, giving unloving spouses a further incentive to treat their partner like crap. When the abused partner divorces them, they get a load of money a reward! Seems to me that if you were designing an institution to destroy romance, you would design marriage. And yet people still want to do it, because its such a deeply embedded social tradition. I myself will probably get married and then regret throwing away my money and life, just like everybody else!

On the bright side KMdragon, there are plenty more fish..

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

in china if your spouse is unfaithful, they get nothing in a divorce. selfish people are often unfaithful. gold diggers often have a regular bf anyway, before they even met you. stupid people are easy to get caught screwing around. private eye is big biz and growing.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

if both get caught then risk of counter claim. but afffairs are illegal and risk of fine so smarty couples do a deal. usually in ch families property is in part name of one of the spouses parents and any children to prevent this. so smart ass what i should have said was that if unfaithful entitled to nothing, but you knew that anyway

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Discussion of the validity of marriage and raising kids in an overpopulated world is worthwhile, but this discussion of this particular man's problem is liking firing a shotgun blind into bushes because you hear a noise - somebody could get killed - you don't know if there is a tiger, a domestic cow, a mosquito or somebody's pet dog in there.

Sorry, man, I appreciate that you've got a problem but I don't think this is the place to find a solution.

Related forum threads

Login to post