GoKunming Forums

Do NOT marry a Chinese woman

Leland (17 posts) • -1

Yeah, women should cover themselves up. it's not like men can just shut the f*ck up and not ogle any not 100% covered up woman like animals.

Thank Goddess there are more normal decent men around me than this kind of misogynistic goats like that.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +2

Yes, we are all animals. We are born, we eat, defecate, recreate, and procreate, and then we die.

Some even pontificate about human constructs, like morality, and religion, and gender politics. These are largely a product of our environment (where we were born, family we are born into, social status, etc.). I am a Christian, because I was born in a Christian country, some Christians would argue I am not a 'real' Christian, others would argue I am a heretic.

If I was born in a different part of the world my religion and values would be different. We all have our varying degrees of prejudice, and ability to be a bigot.
However, we all (but a tiny few) share one thing in common, male or female, the innate natural desire for intimacy and sex.

Leland (17 posts) • -2

'culture' is no excuse to harass and discriminate. and our ability for critical thinking is what separates us from animals. of course, it's a nice excuse, but no. i also have sexual desires but i don't have the urge to grab and wolfwhistle after every cute guy, nor do i pontificate about how ' real good men should/shouldn't dress to respect their women'. Because the choice of clothes and decisions about own body and lifestyle should be left to the individual, not some preaching a**holes.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +3

Not an excuse, but a reality check. Morality and acceptable behavior are flexible. We are all a product of our culture. Cultures change, over time or suddenly with black swan moments. What was acceptable in the past, may not be acceptable today and vice versa. What is acceptable in place A may not be acceptable in place B, and vice versa.

Stratocaster (161 posts) • 0

@Dazzer, No, it does not sound like a bigot to me. I agree with the statement, "the choice of clothes and decisions about own body and lifestyle should be left to the individual, not some preaching a**holes."

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • +2

If what you choose to wear is not instep with what is tolerable in the society you live in,

it can get you killed. So in my opinion wear what is want at your own peril. Same applies with what you say.

Related forum threads

Login to post