GoKunming Forums

VPNs being blocked?

bluppfisk (398 posts) • 0

Wondered if any other people are encountering major connectivity problems today on the internet?

VPNs like Astrill do not connect, nor will their websites load. Websites that were otherwise available, if throttled, are suddenly no longer available.

E.g. eur-lex.europa.eu/

Ouyang (243 posts) • 0

For a brief period this morning I noticed the internet slowed considerably, especially https connections. My speed went from a max of 6 mbps down to about 2 mbps for about an hour.

Were you using anything else before trying to connect? Torrent? Google?

Elisa (174 posts) • 0

On my phone this morning astrill told me my account had been changed and I needed to update my protocol and it bumped me to a page that wouldn't load on 3g. Back home on wireless it did the update but it still won't connect. It seems to be connected ok on my computer but I need to test it.
A few days ago, my phone was bumping my astrill connection every few minutes. It was very annoying.

bluppfisk (398 posts) • 0

oh sweet, yes it's back up. I wonder what's up with the off-VPN blocking of completely innocent sites such as Europe's portal.

Elisa (174 posts) • 0

I remember a few years back the US National Parks website was blocked. THAT was weird. No clue if it still is.

Related forum threads

Login to post