GoKunming Forums

Kunming runners?

redmoon (41 posts) • 0

WE NOW HAVE A REGULAR RUN SCHEDULED EACH SUNDAY AFTERNOON AT 1:00pm. WE MEET AT "XI GONG MA TOU" BUS STOP AT THE INTERSECTION OF DIANCHI LU AND YINGHAI LU. FOR MORE INFORMATION E-MAIL RICHARD AT: redmoon43@mac.com.
PLEASE JOIN US ON SUNDAY IN THE BEAUTIFUL DIANCHI AREA. ALL FITNESS LEVELS ARE WELCOME! SEE YOU THERE!

Cheng (15 posts) • 0

Hello, I"ll be going to Kunming in july and i have some questions regarding running:
Since i have not been in kunming for a couple of years and i already forgot how it looks like there, i wondered if you could just go onto the street and run? or is that too unsafe?
and are there any competitive races, marathons in kunming or is running not as popular yet?
thank you very much!

redmoon (41 posts) • 0

Cheng; Good to hear from you. I think running in the city is safe (from any criminal element) but the traffic is bad and the streets are narrow. I moved to the Dian Chi area specifically to run. The streets are wide with wonderful sidewalks and it's very safe and scenic.
I have not come across any competitions here yet but would be interested if you do. You're welcome to come running with us on Sunday when you arrive. From downtown it's about a 40 minute ride by bus or 20 minutes by taxi.

sbarella (105 posts) • 0

hi guys!i just arrived in Kunming and would like to know if anyone of you is still here and if the running group still exixt!!..the forum is quite old but I still hope!

valérie03 (3 posts) • 0

Hi sbarrela, I'll arrive in Kunming late august, and I'll be glad to take part in such a group if there is one ;) Or we can start it over ! I'm sure some people would be interested in!

sbarella (105 posts) • 0

hi valerie!well, so far, noone wrote me apart from you!let me know when you will arrive in Kunming, untill august I hope I will have found some nice routes!

McAron (4 posts) • 0

I'm in, for the first 4-5K at least.
i normally run around the football fields, as i live in downtown, but willing to venture outside ...given the company.

Related forum threads

Login to post