GoKunming Forums

Kunming runners?

redmoon (41 posts) • 0

Looking for runners in Kunming (Dianchi area) or a running club. Slow pace, any race, ethnicity, or gender welcome. Anyone interested?

jennifer (2 posts) • 0

Yes! I'm interested. Just getting back into. I am on the west side of city, just off RenMinXi Lu. I would be interested in weekly runs anywhere, or a partner or two, 2-3 times a week near my neighborhood.

redmoon (41 posts) • 0

jennifer; thanks for responding. You maybe live in the Greenlake area? I live far in the south on the lake. Perhaps we can set up a once-per-week run. Let's wait a bit to see if we get any other willing participants. With Spring Festival upon us many people may be out of town. Thanks

calyx (12 posts) • 0

Would be interested in running with people too! Kunming, considering its elevation and good weather, could certainly use a running club. Perhaps topped off with excursions to dirtier, lower-elevation places for a few fun races.

Steph (1 post) • 0

I am also interested in going running. I used to do quite a lot of running but haven't done very much these last 6 months since I've been in China. I live in the north of the city, but would be prepared to go elsewhere in the city for a run.

RobBurton (1 post) • 0

Hi
i would like to run one or twice a week as well, just arrived in KM this week, living just off Green Lake.

if you get anything going let me know 13888 760473
cheers Rob

redmoon (41 posts) • 0

Okay runners! Let's see if we can make this work. Send me an email at the following address and let me know the facts! How fast you want to run, how far, when and where. Personally, I'm in pretty poor shape right now, slow jog for maybe a couple miles or walk-run a little farther. I live on Dianchi very near the Yunnan Nationalities Village and Hongta Sports Center. It's a bit far for most of you to come but absolutely a great place to run. Minimal traffic, flat, scenic. However, I'm open to going anywhere, anytime (I don't work) if someone has run in KM and knows a good spot. Try to avoid a lot of traffic if possible.
redmoon43@mac.com

redmoon (41 posts) • 0

OKAY! WE HAVE A RUN TENATIVELY SCHEDULED FOR WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON (March 7) IN DIANCHI AREA. TIME TO DUST OFF THOSE RUNNING SHOES AND GET OUT HERE! ALL ARE WELCOME! PLEASE CONTACT ME, RICHARD, IF YOU'RE INTERESTED AT; redmoon43@mac.com.

ruthie (1 post) • 0

HEy, I am going to be visiting Kunming for a month in late April does anyone know of any running races that would be near by in April or May?

Related forum threads

Login to post