GoKunming Forums

Buying Mac in PRC or HK

FrankFar (3 posts) • 0

Wanna buy a new Mac Air but am concerned about Apple Care warranty and reliable repair in PRC. I hear that buying from HK is cheaper but warranty coverage for that here is dicey. Is Apple Care here equivalent to HK or US Apple Care? Is the Apple warranty repair here legit? Do I have to send to Beijing?

Ouyang (243 posts) • 0

I would have to double check, but I believe apple care is world wide. Worse case scenario is having to ship it to hong kong for repairs.

Just ask one of these places in Kunming to make sure:

新亚昆明店
云南省昆明市五华区威远街168号昆明金鹰购物广场1L1-01
昆明, 云南 650000
0871-68184199

直信创邺昆明店
云南省昆明市一二一大街44-46121数码城507
昆明, 云南 650000
0871-65107078

lawlz0mg (201 posts) • 0

go to golden eagle in the city center and buy. they honor apple care with receipt. it doesnt matter where it was purchased they will honor for 1600 yuan or something. any place that does in house repairs voids the warranty. the place at golden eagle swaps for refurbs

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@willygee(?) on gokm who sells his old mac stuff. His stuff is price competitive and is usually seriously maxed out - maxed ram (8+gb), ripping ludicrously huge hard drives (700+gb), etc. he would probably even load the basic productivity sw if you asked, osx mavericks, office 20xx, adobe everything ( dunno about the sw but you can ask).

Check the older ads and pm him if interested. I'm guessing he uses the stuff professionally for web, image design and or video processing based on his seriously tricked out stuff.

Apple stuff is usually resilient and trouble free as long as you don't drop them or take them swimming. I still have functioning powerpc laptops (but the newer java websites make them slower than frozen molasses) but office for powerpc still works just fine (still can't type faster than a computer can process) and microsoft anything is a resource hog but pales in comparison to adobe anything.

latataille (118 posts) • 0

AppleCare is universal. Also, if you want to buy from Hong Kong but do not want to travel there, look on taobao. Many shops on taobao import from Hong Kong.

lawlz0mg (201 posts) • 0

do not order on taobao. you need the physical reciept for apple care. if you go to an apple store here and they do in house repairs it voids the warranty. matt is talking out of his ass as usual. any 3rd party ram, hdd, or ssd voids the warranty aka apple care. laotou is 100% correct, im a pc guy but apple never has problems unless dropped or 3rd party, but i hate how hot their laptops run. my pc laptops have hdd failure, or onboard vid card failure after 2 to 3 years of running it hard.

lawl, why don't you bugger off? The fact is that=, if you buy from a genuine HK Apple store on taobao, and you register it, you get Apple Care. Stop being such an ass.

lawlz0mg (201 posts) • 0

why dont you quit spewing shot out of your as...i mean mouth. all registered retail stores require reciept. they can check the ssid and imei but you need a reciept for pop. even in america you need pop, so... qnmlgb. if you buy 二手的 you cant be 100 percent sure there are no 3rd party parts which voids apple care. you arguing and spewing shit from god knows where could have a negative impact on his purcahse and he could lose money. let the big boys that have experience talk.

lawls, I did not say "second hand". Many Taobao stores are located in Hong Kong with an online presence. They will ship you a brand new, 100% authentic Apple product, with a receipt and everything. Have you ever tried this? I have, and it worked. So, have you?

lawlz0mg (201 posts) • 0

sure thing bro. if youre so sure, lets meet up tomorrow and go to golden eagle near nan ping and ask if they can or will replace it with no receipt. no more aruging, lets prove it. if im wrong ill buy you lunch.

Related forum threads

Login to post