GoKunming Forums

Teaching in Europe

lummerlaoshi (130 posts) • 0

Hi all,

I know this might be a bit off-topic compared to most forum topics but I just wanted to see if any of the expats here could give me advice on relocating to Europe, specifically Sweden, Norway, or Germany as an English teacher. I have 15 years of teaching experience and a CELTA but I do not have a teaching degree or a Master's or a DELTA.

I have the following questions for those in the know:

1. Can I get a job that will provide a work visa in the aforementioned countries with my qualifications?

2. If I don't have the qualifications, which one of the ones mentioned above is the best bet in terms of finding future employment?

3. Does anyone know any websites with information about finding EFL jobs in Europe or what international schools are recruiting in the countries mentioned above?

4. Anyone have any experience teaching English in these countries?

Thanks everyone in advance!

Sorry, I didn't clarify. I'm an American so the work visa the difficulty I'm having in terms of finding teaching jobs in Europe.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Have a look on daves esl cafe website.
The international job page is here www.eslcafe.com/joblist/ and there were some jobs in Europe.

If you post your question on the boards at Daves' there is a bigger population of users and you will probably be able to get more hits for your enquiry.

lawlz0mg (201 posts) • 0

tbh its getting tougher and tougher without a degree. im sure youre experience and education surpasses a graduate in this field, but all of the jerkoff young illegal teachers ruined it for the experienced.

Thanks for the advice, tigertiger. I visit there occassionally but rarely find jobs in any of the countries listed. Did see one in Italy but that was it.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

there was a posting on dave's esl cafe by a german school that i've seen more than once. i think it's called Finer English. i've never seen any ads for Norway or Sweden. but you can try to do a google search for a list of international schools / private schools and email them directly.

list of english language schools in norway:
www.eslbase.com/schools/norway

Related forum threads

Login to post