GoKunming Forums

China Eastern. Why bother??

atomic (156 posts) • 0

If you are stuck in the international terminal at Nanjing make sure you're quick if you need to recharge your mobile device. The only outlet is in the toilet (presumably another in female toilet), so you'll need to be 1st to plug in and hang around the toilet rather than sit down to be sure someone doesn't try to souvenir your device.

Don't know if the great firewall will let you view these, but there are a couple of interesting short clips of what you could expect when flying with CE.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OsGV_-DcH0

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnRi6pK6xvU

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

I was flying out of Guangzhou on CE last year at the time Kunming airport was closed. They made us wait 3 extra hours to board our flight, then another 2 and a half on board before they cancelled. We were sent to a "free" hotel named "Good East". I have since renamed it to "Bad East". China southern used the same nasty hotel in Guangzhou. It was dirty, with no heat (in December) and no hot water. When the flights were still not going the next day I booked my own hotel for the extra stay.
On a more recent flight from Shenzhen (on CE again) I was treated to some free food poisoning.

Ouyang (243 posts) • 0

Lately many airlines have had unspecified delays or it's often "due to traffic control." My wife said it's because the military gets full priority. Which isn't as bad as it sounds because usually they are responding to a natural disaster somewhere. That's what I tell myself when I get in a 3 am anyways ;).

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I think another poster mentioned it, and it has been in the news. For the next month or so there are big military exercises that may affect flights in and out of the East of China.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Chinese military exercises have indeed interfered with air travel lately, but at any rate air travel is twanky, polluting and resource-wasteful while the trains usually run on time and are a lot friendlier.

mike4g_air (788 posts) • 0

The military just screws up everything in air traffic control, they just dont care because THEY control all of the airspace.
Although i dont take to the side of China Eastern, they are terrible liars.
One we missed a flight to Canada because of China Eastern....used up a 3 hour transfer time.. they said they called ahead but never did.

China Eastern also lies about delays, but in actual fact they cancel a partially full flight and combine it with the next partially full flight. flights are rarely 1/3 it's capacity.
the airline just doesnt give a shit......take your money and lie to you about the time...

Related forum threads

Login to post