GoKunming Forums

looking for some classic cartoon movie as LionKing

Alex2014 (51 posts) • 0

I promised to my 7-year-old niece today that every time she visits my house, I will accompany her to watch a classic western cartoon movie from internet. I introduced her Lion King today. she seemed thrilled on this old movie. I think next time I will let her watch Because of Winnie-Dixxie.

But I need to look for more good movies for her.

I wish to get some suggestions on it from English-speaking friends here.

Thank you very much!

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Some of these are not cartoon, but are animation.

Toy Story
Finding Nemo
Happy Feet
Monsters Inc
Bug's Life
Little Mermaid
Pochahontas
Mulan
Aladdin
Beauty and the Beast
Cars

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Madagascar 1,2,3.
Wally
The Incredibles
Wreck It Ralph (probably every girl in China has seen it already though, and its not a classic yet)
Despicable Me 1,2 (probably everybody in China has seen it, and its not a classic yet)

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

I'm a non-English-speaking friend, but here are a few more animations:

Up
The princess and the frog
Ratatouille
Shrek
Kung Fu Panda
Ice Age
Cloudy with a chance of meatballs

Elisa (174 posts) • 0

Just an FYI - I played E.T. for an EFL class a few years ago and there is a scene near the beginning where Elliot calls his brother "Penis Breath".

Have fun translating that one! :)

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

Some great ones that come highly recommended:

''The Secret of Nimh''

''Ferngully the Last Rainforest''

These are beautiful deep and meaningful cartoons, that leave you with a lot to think about after the movie.

The next ones are not cartoons but animated:

''The Lorax'' Dr Seuss, I'll say no more.

''The Gruffalo'' Awesome short animation for kids of all ages.

''The Dark Crystal'' Super old, but fascinating and still highly enjoyable after more than 30 years.

Also, a live action movie that I would recommend:

''The Never Ending Story''.

Still a favourite of mine to this day, and you may even be able to get hold of the book to encourage further reading.

I advise anyone with kids or young family members to watch these, you won't be disappointed! Have fun with my favourite childhood memories! : )

Alex2014 (51 posts) • 0

Thanks for all suggestions. But my niece would be just interested in animations more. I will download some good cartoon films for her . I think some movies for under-14 kids would be fitable for her too. I like the winnie the pooh website!

Related forum threads

Login to post