GoKunming Forums

Divorce problem

Gompo (152 posts) • 0

It has been several months i have asked my ex spouse to give me the papers of her divorce in china so i can register it in france.

Yet, she does not answer my mails anymore. I have contacted her brother but apparently he cannot do anything.

My question is therefore in which way could i get these papers?

How is it possible to find a person in china ?

Should i contact the chinese police ?

Is there any chance to get these papers from the local government of the city where she lived and were we married ?

Thanks for your suggestions

YuantongsiYuantongsi (716 posts) • 0

You need to hire a lawyer in the city where you registered your marriage. Did you get divorced or not?

You need a lawyer to clarify your position and apply on your behalf for either proof of your divorce or to apply for divorce on your behalf.

If your wife doesn't agree to the divorce then its a tough road for you

Gompo (152 posts) • 0

My ex wife and me had agreed for the divorce and i had given her all the papers.

So i guess she must have enacted the divorce.

My problem is that now i need to register the divorce in france so i need she gives me the paper to proove the divorce happened.

To get a lawyer will b hell of expensive, money that i dont have.

Do you know if i contact the local authorities at the place where our wedding happened, could they deliver me the papers to proove the divorce ? And which authorities would that b ?


laotou (1714 posts) • 0

First - regret to hear your relationship didn't work out.

In theory - you can go to the government agency (main police station which handles these things) where you registered your marriage and they'll issue you the divorce paper(s) - but best you bring someone who can translate for you. If you're not sure, ask your local PSB for the phone number and address/location of the appropriate PSB (public security bureau).

You'll then need to translate the paper into French from an official translation agency (to satisfy French authorities).

If you married OUTSIDE of Kunming - most probably you'll have to travel to that particular city to get the appropriate separation certificate (it's a certificate of divorce).

tigertiger - moderator (5084 posts) • 0

Sorry, to hear of the situation.
Do not assume that your ex dealt with the divorce. It is possible she is someone who does not like to deal with unpleasant matters. This may explain why she has been unable to provide you with the divorce papers.
You do need to go and sort this out in person.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

sorry, i can't help you. there's just something i can't grasp. isn't it in her best interest to make sure the divorce is legalized so that she can eventually get remarried?

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

not in her best interests to divorce, until the time when she want to remarry. 1. face. 2. if he ever needs a divorce to remarry she can squeeze. 3. claim on any future property or assets he aquires. chinese women like typhoon. when they come they are wet and wild, when they go they take your house and your car.

Gompo (152 posts) • 0

i guess she did the divorce in china as she planned remarry

is me need to legalize it in france, which is very complicated. think it twice b4 marry in china

do u think if i go police they can find her?

Login to post