GoKunming Forums

Japanese Encephalitis

SarahG (12 posts) • 0

Hello,

I'm coming to Kunming in 20 days and I'm having my first dose of Japanese Encephalitis today. I have to wait 26 days to get the next dose. Please could anyone recommend where I could get the second dose whilst I am in Kunming?

redjon77 (510 posts) • 0

How many of you forum users have had this vaccine, I hadn't heard of this before but after reading up on it am now thinking maybe I should?

Elisa (174 posts) • 0

I have it, but got my entire series in the US, and I got it in preparation for 3 months in the rural Philippines, not here. Talk to your health insurance about what doctors/hospitals would be covered while you're here. For us, it's the Sino-UK Angel Women's and Children's Hospital (sucks for my husband). My guess is that a hospital approved by your insurance would be likely to have it.

acu_j (6 posts) • 0

Almost all hospitals have the Japanese Encephalitis vaccine. Higher quality imported vaccines can be obtained from the Kunming CDC which is attached to Yunnan Provincial First People's Hospital or from the First Affiliated Hospital of Kunming Medical College. The international clinic may also be able to point you in the right direction if Chinese language is an obstacle.

SarahG (12 posts) • 0

Hi, thanks a lot for this. I'm still in the UK at the moment - do you have an email address for the international clinic at all? The travel agency I am dealing with in Yunnan have said that the vaccine is not necessarily available, so I'm hoping to speak to them directly.

SarahG (12 posts) • 0

Sorry - should have said. I was planning on going to see the rice terraces in Yuanyang and down to Xishuangbanna too, which is why I'm trying to get hold of the vaccine.

Related forum threads

Login to post