GoKunming Forums

Japanese Encephalitis

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Bells Palsy is a side effect of the Encephalitis vaccine. You can do a search of Encephalitis in Yunnan and you will discover that there are very few cases found here. No reason for this vaccine as the risk of infection is minimal.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

yes, but i'm guessing that your source(s) for this claim are either alex jones or disclose.tv, neither of which i consider to be a reliable source of anything.

i've just spent 10 minutes researching your claim and the first link that came up had alex jones' name in it.

next contestant please. if you have a reliable source to back up your claims, please let us know.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Magnifico, I have no idea what you are talking about or what Alex Jones has to do with Encephalitis in Yunnan. I would be more than open to see what sources you found where Alex Jones mentions encephalitis in Yunnan. I would also like to see any evidence where I have quoted Alex Jones in any previous topic.

Disclose TV is a resource just like Youtube where you can find videos on many topics. Disclose TV is not a source of info like a dictionary or encyclopedia so once again I have no idea what you are talking about.

In case you missed my previous message I will repeat it for your sole benefit. -

Bells Palsy is a side effect of the Encephalitis vaccine. You can do a search of Encephalitis in Yunnan and you will discover that there are very few cases found here. No reason for this vaccine as the risk of infection is minimal.

SarahG (12 posts) • 0

Hi both, are you talking about there being no evidence of Bels Palsy being a side effect or no evidence of there being few outbreaks in Yunnan?

I'm not too worried about Kunming etc, but at the moment at home I've been told to scrap the rice terraces part of the trip, which is a real shame as it's one of the reasons I'm coming.

Thanks very much for the international hospital contact - Ocean- sorry, don't know how to link this post to you.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Why have you been told to scrap the Yuan Yang portion of your trip? Is it because of encephalitis?

I dont have a clue as to what Magnifico is talking about but I know what I said. As you can see above, I posted no evidence or sources because I leave that up to you to find, read, and decide for yourself.

Speaking as a 20 year retired veteran, I speak as a primary source who has seen with his own yes what vaccines can do. I have received more vaccines in 20 years than a pin cushion and I have seen what vaccines can do to perfectly healthy men.

As for Bells Palsy, I personally got Bells Palsy after getting my first dose of Encephalitis while I was stationed in Okinawa. The only reason I recovered is because I was young (28) and healthy and took the doses of steroids I was given. I wore a patch over my eye for about 2 months as all muscles of your face will become paralyzed so it was not difficult to spot the other one eyed pirates walking around the base who also took this vaccine.

Of course, no one is told of the link between the vaccine and Bells Palsy and no one gathers statistics about how many were vaccinated and how many had a Bells Palsy reaction or other reactions like paralasys and now can not walk.

As for cases of encephalitis in Yunnan, I am sure it will not be hard to find these statistics as well. Again, I leave that up to you to find, read, and decide. But I can tell you that there are very few cases and if any do occur it is of a pig farmer whose tiny house is attached to his pig house.

I also had the pleasure of getting a series of Anthrax shots while in the Marine Corps. Anthrax is a bovine (cow) Disease. I still have not heard of a single case of Anthrax in Iraq but I did see many serious reactions of healthy young men to this vaccine.

A quick internet search will help you find the anthrax scare that took place in Washington DC shortly after 911. It was later discovered and confirmed that the source of the anthrax was Fort Dietrick, Maryland, the main base that produces all biological weapons for the US govt.

Personally, I would not cancel a visit to Yuan Yang, a UNESCO site, because of an encephalitis scare. I am sure you can find many people on this forum who have been there recently and have not contracted encephalitis.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

@SarahG, sorry to confuse you. I was asking if there was evidence that Bells Palsy was a side effect.

I looked it up again and it seems that HFCAMPO is right.

Also, there are homeopathic vaccines available which are supposedly non-toxic and have no side effects?? .... but it may be difficult to find a clinic that administers these.

Vaccine Alternatives
www.littlemountainhomeopathy.com/vaccine-alternatives

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

UK clinics used to provide advice on information provided by the School of Tropical Medicine who in turn base their advice on an entire region and so with the best intentions a nurse will advise you to take malaria tablets for visiting Kunming. I doubt anyone here accepts that advice and I shudder to think what damage a decade of malaria tablets would cause. The same blanket advice is proffered for JE. I think I had the jabs for JE over a decade ago but even if I hadn't I would not cancel a visit to the terraces.

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Sarah, it is extremely paranoid and silly to not go to Yuan Yang rice terraces because you may on the off chance catch Japanese Encephalitis. You probably are 50 times as likely to be killed by a car crossing the road there than be infected. From what I have been told, something like 2% of mosquitoes carry the disease, and the infection rate is 0.2%. Meaning your chance of catching it is ridiculously low. I have cycled all over Yunnan and SE Asia staying in tents and cooking outside at night etc, never taken malaria or Japanese Encephalitis vaccine and never had a problem. Just like almost everyone else I have met doing something similar. As always prevention is best, cover up during at risk times and don't sleep outside! Wait until you see the drive up to Yuan Yang, then you will be scared! But don't live life wrapped in cotton wool, you won't leave your own house!

To suggest missing out on such an amazing place because you just might contract a disease which barely any local has heard of is ridiculous. It's like not going to Africa for fear of Ebola.

I have a very large suspicion drug companies advise doctors to push the medicine and tell patients that they are really likely to catch these infectious diseases in order to sell their excessively marked up and questionable quality vaccines. Just don't worry.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

I know it is possible to get the disease in Yunnan, but is this a big worry? Malaria is also possible, but pretty unlikely, even in Banna in rainy season.

Related forum threads

Login to post