GoKunming Forums

Phone Police Scam 00 871110 or +871110

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Anyone else get a call from this number? Pretty sure it's some scam where they pretend to be 110 and demand personal info.

Quiteone (8 posts) • 0

If local Police want info they will come to you, any one rings for bank details you know that is a scam.

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

This number is on my 'missed call' list for yesterday. If I don't recognise the number, i.e. not in contact list, I don't answer.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Might be better to answer, somebody might be checking to see if you're apartment is empty - business name cards left on apartment doors are sometimes for this purpose - if the cards are still there a day later, some thief may figure you're out of town. Or so my landlady says.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

I wouldn't answer this call. It's international and the scam is to get personal info, so they don't have your address. Also, slightly menacing, as they pretend to be from 110.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

So you answer it, they want personal info and you don't give it - what's the problem?

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Or just not answer it, and not get freaked out or possibly tricked with all their con artist tactics the one day your caught off guard.

Quiteone (8 posts) • 0

Been a few days since any posts about phone call's, on BTV tonight that it is rife all over and to be on your guard they are targeting a lot of young Chinese girls ringing them and telling them some one has stolen their IDs and that their bank accounts are in danger ring them an they will give a number to ring and transfer their accounts to a police bank where it will be safe some have done this. you can guess the outcome money vanish.

redjon77 (510 posts) • 0

How the hell people fall for this sort of scam these days is unbelievable, this phone call has scam written all over it! They may as well phone up and say 'this is a scam, please transfer your money to us at this account, thank you' as I can't understand how these people are so gullible as to pay up lol

Related forum threads

Login to post