GoKunming Forums

Am I crazy?

KMdragon (17 posts) • 0

On the whole, good, considered advice, so thank you very much to you all! As to the last few posts, I should probably reiterate, certainly not a Chinese/foreigner thing, or in other words, I think cars should stop (where appropriate) to let *anybody* cross the word, not just me. The most important thing, of course, is not to lose my temper/get into a rage.

Dev2014 (9 posts) • 0

Dude you need to take a deep breath, relax, and chill.

This may sound stupid, but it has a point. IS being late to something really that important that you'll risk your life?

Anyways, you came to China. This is not "home", so you must learn to take these little things with the salt and throw it over your shoulder. When in Rome, do as the romans do. You don't see Chinese running around flippin the bird at every crosswalk.

Yes I know the little things are fucking annoying. I've been here for nearly 4 damn years, life has been hell as opposed to "comfortable living in a cozy apartment with a job that pays 10K". Every job I've held here has been around the 5K line in the big cities. I do my best at my job because that's all I can do, yet I still feel like I'm getting the dirt treatment. I put up with the little annoyances in China, I put up with the constant complaints from my family that supports me a little each month always yelling, "When are you going to be independent!?" I've got debt past my ears back home that needs paid. You're lucky you have a wife beside you to support your beliefs and give an extra hand. I only have myself. Women and I don't work out here because I have that curse of always ending up going to a movie one night, and then walking around a shopping mall the next week pointing out interesting outfits (friend zoned), and I ask myself where the hell I went wrong from being the man to being...the gay man?

I have big dreams I'd like to have my own business, I'd like to have a boat, I'd like to someday fly, I'd like to have a nice house and family, I'd like to have a good life. You want to know the truth? I've lived in a damn KFC for the past 5 days, using the free internet in starbucks, lost my passport, have no money, and really beginning to wonder if THIS is my lowest point? Or was it another time when I had to walk home from Pudong Airport in Shanghai for 12 fuckin hours in the rain because there was no fuckin bus stop across the road, and every taxi out there was full!

You think you have it rough? I'm stuck between a rock and a fuckin hard place. Stay here life seems miserable because no matter how hard I try I am cursed to be slapped with bad luck. Go home, and this cancer survivor ends up being a common Walmart stock boy for pennies while watching people he knows go 6ft under from cancer left and right.

Welcome to my shoes!

Alright, anyways, enough with the chit chat. Seriously man, you need to relax. You have good things going for you, man. You've got a decent job, a wife, kids?, and your whole life ahead of you. Next time you see some shit happen, think of what you have. Also, think how funny China is. Its like living in a Dr Seuss fantasy land where everything is opposite, backwards, and strange.

Next thing I want you to do is to turn off that lamp beside your comfy bed, kiss your wife, and IF you continue having these urges of anger along with feelings of depression you should consider visiting a therapist as you may be Bipolar. It's not a bad thing if you have it, and what I'm saying is if you do it's best to get help for you and your family.

Have a good sleep.

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

I think if he caught on fire, that might be his worst day ever!

I might bookmark this page and re-read it when I feel like I am having a bad China day!

Magician (3 posts) • 0

once you understand the essence of Chinese driving and culture, you will be a boss on the road. I had been driving in Oz for 8 years, I was perfectly behaved there on the roads. However when I came back to Kunming, I soon realized I must change my way of driving, otherwise I couldn't move at all on the road. All chaos and disorder come from huge population and educational gap, you just have to learn how to paddle into tempestuous water. so just chill out. from driver points of view.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

Hey Magician, you're moving in on my turf. I am Magnifico the Magician. We can't have 2 magicians. @Dev2014, your story reminds me of the film After Hours.

Related forum threads

Login to post