GoKunming Forums

Kunming to Paris Direct Flights

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • 0

Dolphin makes a good point. We don't need conversations when we've got Google. Will it be his last post?

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • 0

Re: flight frequency. Presumably two or three direct flights a week to Paris reflects demand. Yet we apparently need five new runways.

DaShanYunnan (11 posts) • 0

I took Kunming-Paris-Kunming ones and found the plane full of Chinese tour groups on both occasions going to and from Paris for a shopping holiday. Also noticed that booking sites often don’t offer this option, probably because it is fully booked. Suspect that the flight is more a kind of scheduled charter used by tour operators. Meanwhile Changshui can boost that it has an international flight to Europe.
Still it is a good connection with practical departure and arrival times and a short travel time.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Flight frequency is not only affected by demand for routes, but also reflects the availability/demand for landing slots. More runways means more landing slots, and this means more routes generally.

There are many other potential destinations people want to fly too. Currently there is a need for travelers from smaller airports to transit in Beijing/ Shanghai/ Chongqing /etc. These airports are also oversubscribed. It makes sense to build the new infrastructure at the sources of demand, where economical, and not just at the hubs. It also reduces the air miles, and fuel consumption, for people's journeys.

bilingualexpat (219 posts) • 0

Chinese air passengers will account for 19% of all air traffic in 2040, according to Airports Council International (ACI) forecasts.

Reported by recent CNN article, "Chinese air passengers to rule skies by 2040:"

www.cnn.com/travel/article/china-air-passengers/index.html

-------------

I know many who fly to Paris are luxury cosmetics & handbag 代购 resellers who take advantage of VAT refunds. Their buyers make payments in advance for these imported luxury goods which otherwise would cost arm & leg in Chinese department stores.

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

For those considering transfer in Chongqing (to anywhere) vs other options, you are no doubt aware that Chongqing has a new huge airport terminal, which now houses most flights both domestic an international.

There is also a nice airport hotel right at the terminal, which makes it really comfortable to fly to Chonqing in evening and then catch morning flight to anywhere.

Previously for us (flying to Finland), it was bit of a hurdle to take subway/walk to hotel in Chongqing, especially since in this part of the city not all hotels accepted foreigners.

If I had a choice between this, or depart direct from Changshui on an after midnight flight, I'd pay the extra to have a good night's sleep.

Though now with a young toddler the option of flying through the night has certain merits.

Related forum threads

Login to post