GoKunming Forums

McDonald's

mmkunmingteacher (561 posts) • 0

Alex, I can certainly tell the difference, thank you.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

I can't imagine you 'humbly' doing anything you pompous prick.

"There are, in fact, objective principles which make some food good, and some food bad"
You mean 'snobbery'.

Almost as annoying as those cookery competition shows like 'Masterchef' and 'The Great British Bake Off'.

Haali, how is it arrogant to argue that good food exists? What would you tell Gastronomists, chefs, and food critics all over the world? That they are just pompous pricks making up nonsense? How would you feel if almost every post here were some sort of slight to your own profession and expertise?

redjon77 (510 posts) • 0

@AlexKMG
Cheers Alex it was seeing that page that made me think of it 1st but now having considered your point about smell, having a pot just boiling away non stop in our newly decorated flat (finished this week) has changed my mind! Obviously in a kitchen its taken care of but elsewhere in flat like living room just stinking it out!

More fun eating out to I suppose....

atwillden (109 posts) • 0

Good good does exist, and in kunming at some local places. But kindly stop equating gastronomy and science. Its irritating to people who have both been both scientists and chefs, because the tqo share few similarities.

Kate.Kunming (40 posts) • 0

@mmteacher:
im familiar with those objective principles. My good friend worked in the kitchen of the fat duck (UK) for a couple of years.

There is also the subjective, personal taste. As I said before, the most important thing is whether you like the food or not.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

So there is 'good' food, but all culture is equally valid and exempt from evaluation. That makes sense.

There is good food in the same way that there is good culture i.e. its a matter of what you are used to and what new things you choose to eat/accept.

Haali, I never said that I believe that all cultural things are objectively good. I said that they are objectively "valid". There is a difference.

Related forum threads

Login to post