GoKunming Forums

McDonald's

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

All the locations are basically the same, that's the whole point of McDonalds. My personal favourite is the BLT double burger. You can make the meal a little healthier by switching the fries for sweetcorn or a veg wrap. As I said on another thread, its not good food - its salty, fatty, sugary junk food, but crucially for me, it doesn't make me sick.

mmkunmingteacher (561 posts) • 0

*sigh* forget it, I thought it might be fun, but I will drop it. Sorry then.

redjon77 (510 posts) • 0

Don't give up mate, try the double cheeseburger, fries, coke and apple (whichever flavour you prefer) pie for a quick afternoon snack.
Not massive on McD's myself but every now and then when I feel I've overdone the chinese food it's a nice alternative. Not expecting 5 star reviews lol

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Well, if it's for science, I'll oblige. Anyways make it as interesting as Dandoval does at GoChengdoo.

1) Bottom of HongSanDong Lu. Sit outside on a pleasant day. If it's a school day then after 2pm.

2) Big Mac 巨无霸 combo for 21rmb. Change the coke to a sprite during ordering process and ask for extra ketchup.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

@I sometimes kinda like the fries, though I'm not defending them against any principles at all. And if you're ever in Hong Kong, at least some of the McDonald's there have pancakes for breakfast, which are not too bad if you haven't had any for awhile, though I'm not comparing them to anything except their general absence in Kunming - or is this possible here? I've only been to McDonalds about 3-4 times here. I noticed the other night that O'Reilly's has pancakes, I'd be surprised if they're not a better bet.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

China McDonalds got rid of pancakes a couple of years ago. They were pretty good for 15kuai while they lasted.

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Do it mm, write it up in your blog and compare it to a greasy mi xian! That will be interesting reading, Chinese junk food vs western junk food in China!

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Wow, just went to gochengdoo.com (thanks Alex) and they have a REVIEWS section! If only GoKM's would come out (apparently been in testing since what... March??? 3 months of testing seems perfectly fine (????)).

(I have never been to McDonalds or any of those crappy food places, except KFC because a friend really wanted to go, so it will be interesting reading!)

redjon77 (510 posts) • 0

@AlexKMG you calling that a review page, just a lot of nonsense about dico's which even westerners know is c**p lol

Related forum threads

Login to post