GoKunming Forums

Who will win the World Cup?

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

@redjon77
Because when the last remaining superpower in the world plays itself, it determines the fate of the planet! I'll refrain from using soccer, but I have to use futball, otherwise it's too confusing.

@Haali
That Rooney guy, he's a team player!

parisianguy (45 posts) • 0

Hey, Alex....I thought most expats were Dems! the 'average' ones anyway! France might win the World Cup...well, at least they have a shot! ALLEZ LES BLEUES!

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

They can't finance the development of young players because they have had all their wealth looted by colonist nations who use that loot to finance their own training and development centers.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

ha ha. this week's word, children, is c-o-l-o-n-i-s-t.

redjon77 (510 posts) • 0

The most memorable African team ever were Cameroon relying on a 38 year old Roger Milla in Italia 90, they made quarter finals that year against England!
Italia 90 also the last time England had a decent world cup, making the semi finals only to lose on penalties to Germany!!! I'd be over the moon with that sort of run in this world cup lol

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

I'm rooting for Italy, with Buffon hopefully getting fully fit soon.

I've been pretty impressed by the squad that Belgium has assembled this year. Lots of solid individual players from big clubs. Definitely a team to watch closely.

"Holland has looked the best so far."

Holland are at their usual display: rage mode during early stages of international/continental competitions, and then hope they'll get weaker teams in the 2nd round.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

African teams never win because almost all the African nations, bar a handful, are poor, disorganised, and corrupt. Some great talent in Africa, and the standard is continually improving, but that goes for the rest of the world too, who have greater resources to put into developing their youth players and better leagues for them to play in.

Related forum threads

Login to post