论坛

What do you love about Kunming?

mmkunmingteacher (561 posts) • 0

Let's have a positive post. What do you love about Kunming and China? I love the friendly and gracious people, the great food, the interesting history and culture, and the great linguistic puns and sense of humor. What do you love?

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

No single country has _ever_ and will not _ever_ be wiling to _ give _ as much as altruism as (some) Chinese people has shown.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

Lets make an exception you get a comment he-he. Dont put it out of context - your attitude is okay, and probably needed too.

Its probably not the right choice of words, but .....oh ...how to define that anyway? Friendliness and readilyness to share.

Would that define?

mmkunmingteacher (561 posts) • 0

Fair enough. I also find the Chinese to be very friendly.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

The "some" stands for the majority. Sorry, theres a few beers here on this side, and thats why a bit diffused.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Don't know if I'd use the word 'love', but there are a lot of things I like, including all the things you mentioned, with the exception of the puns, which are okay but which don't really interest me much in any language. I would add: the generosity & friendliness of the country people in particular, as well as a lot of the landscape, and variety of landscape, in many areas. I'd also say I appreciate the basic toughness of the people, which is not always obvious unless you look at the history they've had to put up with, fascinating as it is. Also, there's something about the sense that, in China,, you're dealing with a very large percentage of the human species that I find satisfying, even when the events that affect the Chinese or that they participate in are not necessarily positive. I also like China because it's become very familiar.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

Yea, Alien gets me started.

I like the _ability_ of quietness of the Chinese people. Observation and sensibility is not distorted by noise. (Although this may be past time one day). The landscape poetry and the affiliation with a history. The toughness, for sure. Even kids are stoic - not whining like in India (oh did I say that).

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

The pleasant number of people, especially minorities, who are always eager to make you discover their culture. Easy access to surrounding mountains for quick escapades. Easy and cheap access to neighbouring countries. The abundance of fruits and vegetables that come from the region. The single clove garlic, a true lifesaver. Dai food. Lao beer. O'reilleys burgers

redjon77 (510 posts) • 0

They still have that ingrained family spirit that my country (england) has lost, family is nowhere near as tight in england as it used to be!
I saw this everywhere I was in london but in kunming I find the total opposite. I go for a family dinner and you'll get about 20 people, plus these are quite a regular occurrence not rare times. Quite a big thing when they operate the one child policy here lol
Plus as I often say I love the sunny weather, london ain't upto much in that category :o)

Related forum threads

Login to post