论坛

modeling agencies

TheSwedishGuy (64 posts) • 0

I wouldn't work as a model in this city, they don't pay much, you will never get famous ever, they will not tell you what kind of add they will use your pictures in....

Let me tell you a story that happened about 2 years ago. One of my friends, a black girl from the states, got signed up for a job at a modeling agency. They took a lot of pictures and she got paid about 200 kuai for 3 hours of work which is not too bad. She forgot however to ask what they would use the pictures for... a few weeks later she sees an add in a local newspaper. Under her photo was a line that said "Is your skin too dark?"

She had agreed to use her images in an add for skin whitening products... and in the add there was a retouched picture of her where her skin was completely white and under it they had written "If you want to be more beautiful..."

Terrible but true story... so watch out if you want to do modelling in this city.

AnnAurora (36 posts) • 0

I know this thread is old but I figured since there are new foreigners comming to Kunming all the time being picked up by agents and agencies I should write something about my experience.

Most agencies are really bad and some of the agents are even worse. I worked for two diffrent agencies and two agents. Both me and my flat mate did commercials, photo shoots and attended diffrent events.

My experience of modeling agencies in Kunming is that they are quite unreliable and they don't get you many jobs. They may book you for an event and then they won't tell you it has been cancelled. Both the agencies and some agents are trying to rip their models off. Both me and pretty much all of my friends in Kunming at that time worked with an agent named Jasmine. Not something I would recommend.

If you are a girl and if you meet the Chinese/Kunming standard for a female model you should be very picky and not accept just any job. Always make sure that they stick to the time you agreed on. If they say ten minutes they actually mean 4 hours. A runway show should give you about 500 yuan and an event that lasts a whole day should be about a 1000 (If it's more than one day 800 is acceptable). Don't listen to them if they say that they will give you less because they are paying for the hotel etc. It should be inculded without you having to pay for it.

DON'T SIGN ANY CONTRACTS!!!! Most jobs you'll get will be through contacts.

Hope this helps :)

samsun (7 posts) • 0

I know,email:sunzhiyun@foxmail.com,Mob:13888660072,Welcome to E-mail and telephone consultation.

Related forum threads

Login to post