论坛

New Website update feedback thread

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

This thread is created to provide a one-stop convenient place to provide feedback, both positive and negative, to the webmasters in order to improve the site.

1. When attempting to start a thread when not logged in, get the following error message: [code details removed]

2. The text box for writing the post is too narrow making it difficult to proofread before posting, ideally should be as wide as the control window.

3. Instead of "Save", maybe should be "Post" when starting a new thread. (Just a suggestion)

4. I personally prefer the old style when reading threads so that I only have to scroll down to read the thread in it's entirely, instead of turning pages. But it's just my preference.

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

I liked the function on the old site where you could skip down to the latest post just by clicking 'newest'
Also, I'd like a share button for We Chat added.

YerethYereth (110 posts) • 0

@Tonyaod: The problem you mentioned is solved. We removed the error message from your post. I would kindly like to ask you to, in the future, send such errors to us through the contact form.

The "Save" button has changed its caption, as suggested.

@mPRin: We added a link on the words "Latest post" in the forum thread lists. Clicking this will bring you straight to the newest post.

Adding a "Share on WeChat" button is not possible, unfortunately. We would recommend following our WeChat Official Account. Do this by going to "Contacts" => "Subscription Accounts" => "+" and search for GoKunming. You can currently also scan the code on the homepage. In the message history you can see our previous posts on WeChat. Most are in Chinese, but the bottom usually has a link to our website. Once you are on the site, you can navigate anywhere and share a link by using the menu in the top right. Let me know if that works.

@Ansileran: I just sent you a private message by going to your profile and clicking "Send private message". Feel free to let us know if you're still experiencing problems.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

It seems to me that the default setting is to subscribe to forum threads. This is annoying. I mostly forget, and then my data usage on my mobile phone goes up. This is an outcome I did not want.
It would be better if the default is to not be subscribed. If people want to subscribe they should choose to do so.

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Agree with tiger, this is also not normal practice in forums. The closest thing to this (in other forums) is when people specifically reply to you, which usually sends an email, unless you subscribe to the entire thread. But auto-subscribing to every thread that you comment on is simply annoying.

Ouyang (243 posts) • 0

Anyway to change the color scheme? I like the new site layout, but having a "light" and "dark" scheme all on one page feels like I have two different sites loaded in the same window.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Even though I have unsubscribed to all threads, it appears that if I post again, the subscribe box is checked by default, and I get the emails again.
This also happened again when I went into edit to correct a typo.
As a short term fix GoKunming is now in my JUNK mail list in hotmail. I am going out of province and all data will be sent at a cost to me, as my contract data package is only valid for Yunnan.

Please, please, change the default settings to NOT subscribe to emails notifications.

Related forum threads

Login to post