论坛

Crossing into Myanamar from Ruili

scally (127 posts) • 0

The situation changes often. Does anyone know if this is possible with a proper visa right now? Sorry about the crappy spelling.

Asanee (117 posts) • 0

Forget those, check out ttrweekly.com and the Myanmar section instead for the latest accurate news. The latest info is that the crossing will open as an official international checkpoint within 2-3 months.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Has anyone really crossed over from Ruili or Muse? I would like to hear from those that actually made the crossing at either of these 2 points in the last few months. - WOW! Just like I figured. A lot of talk about this topic but no one has really done it.

Tom69 (151 posts) • 0

Wait another 2-3 months, by then the border will be open without a permit. In the meantime, keep following the news.

Tom69 (151 posts) • 0

Wait another 2-3 months, by then the border will be open without a permit. In the meantime, keep following the news.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Still no word from anyone who has actually made this crossing in the last few months. Just guesses, speculation and rumor.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

My ex-Burmese girlfriend used to drive to south Yunnan and stop near the border and cross it through the mountains/trails. According to her, she's been doing it every three months for 5 years. I haven't had the chance to get an explanation for the lack of exit stamps on travel documents though.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

This thread is about foreigners crossing into Burma through Ruili or Muse. It is NOT about how Burmese people go in and out of the country. There is a difference between a local border (locals only) and an international border (foreigners).

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

I crossed from Ruili to Muse around July this year. A Burmese travel agent can arrange permits, but theres plenty of bureacracy, and its not a cheap deal (fees for local guide, agent, permits, itinerary..).

Without these deals, - forget it, at the moment.

And for all out there, about to private message, concerning the agents and other bureacracy, why not contact a Burmese agent right ahead. An agent, with an office in at least Mandalay and Yangon, should qualify.

Related forum threads

Login to post