论坛

Energy boost recommendations

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

I looking to try something to give me more energy. Sometimes I want a quick pick me up. What have you guys tried that gives you a quick energy boost that is NOT addictive. I exercise, run and eat pretty good. What can I buy in the pharmacies that you've tried. What is the Chinese name?

Thanks in advance.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Ginseng tea. Sometimes I felt wired but I had to stop as it gave me palpitations, and a cracking hangover about 2 hours after drinking it. You may be ok.

Problem with most stims like caffeine is that they give you a boost by using reserves from the liver. This is not repeatable in rapid succession, and actually there is a come down from having no reserves.
Redbull with caffeine and taurine fine just before strenuous exercise. Most energy drinks are just high sugar. Unless you exercise they are 'liquid fat'.

I hear ya. Red Bull and the caffeine thing I already know about. Caffeine doesn't affect me a much since I've been drinking coffee since my early teens. I would need some other ingredient.

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Tried multi vitamins? Sometimes I lack energy (especially here) because I am lacking in nutrients of one sort or another. Taking multi's sorts me out. Not a quick boost but probably better for you long term.

I have and do take mult-vitamins. I guess I'll ask at the pharmacy and see what they suggest, then I'll look up the information on the benefits and side effects online. Thanks again.

blueice (73 posts) • 0

maybe doing a detox, getting off caffeine for 2 weeks - 1 month will help. vitamin b complex also does wonders in addition to the multi...

do you fatigue easily? are you getting enough potassium, sodium and have you had your thyroid levels checked?

drinking fresh fruit/veggie smoothies (you can make 'em at home) are great

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Staying well hydrated, easy to neglect this if you don't want to pee in public restrooms. Otherwise it is harder to assimilate nutrients in all the other goodies we consume.
Potassium from well ripened bananas.
Don't forget calcium, helps protect from cramps too.
Red fruits.

Related forum threads

Login to post