论坛

Where to buy a bassoon...

bosnianXCII (36 posts) • 0

I am a bassoonist looking to pick one up in China, the problem being that on Taobao they almost always are least 5000 , where in America on eBay we buy cheap chinese bassons for $500, more like 3000. Is there anyplace in Kunming that specialized in woodwinds or would know where I can find a cheap one?

a bassoon is very subject to heat and cold, since it's made out of wood. Since most airplane cargo bays are subject to temperatures reaching -30 degrees, this certainly disturbs the quality of the timbre. And they won't let you carry one on an airplane. I'm looking for the shitty chinese one's people in America buy but for a more Chinese price. Thank you for all your help

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I am pretty sure that you can carry large musical instruments, but you have to pre-arrange this.

The cheap Chinese ones should be available from music stores and you can use TaoBao to compare prices, maybe even for exact same item.

I just went to 西昌路, and I was told no place in Kunming has them and they would have to be booked from 上海 or 深圳.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Actually it does not surprise me that a bassoon would need to be shipped in from Shanghai/manufacturer.
The plus side is that if you order it locally, it will be shipped by the manufacturer; and if it is damaged in shipping, then the shop has to sort it out. This is more secure than buying from TaoBao.

Related forum threads

Login to post