论坛

Kunming rainfall

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Cloud seeding needs clouds or moisture. The seeding part isn't to create moisture but to help raindrops form in existing clouds.

tallamerican (396 posts) • 0

Alex is right regarding cloud seeding, the upside is often increased rainfall, the resulting downside can be greatly increased intensity in storms. I was raised in an area that has enough rain in April, May and June, but often gets very dry in July and August resulting in some years with crops drying in the fields and wells drying up leaving farmers with no water to feed livestock. They experimented with cloud seeding but stopped after a few storms resulted in large rainfalls destroying the crops over a signifigant area.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Just a thought, maybe the decision to seed was triggered by the recent high pollution readings. Which are now much reduced after the rains.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Now I know how Noah felt being cooped up inside his ark? I really hope the reservoirs are getting filled with all this rain. All my seedlings in my garden have drowned - will have to replant when the rain subsides.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

I remember complaining about the rain a few years back. Not anymore. Even since Kunming got a taste of a long drought I love it when it rain. Maybe you should buy a retractable canopy for your plants. Just an idea.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

I'm going to complain, here it goes:

I may as well have spent the summer in Britain. Can't remember what sun feels like.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

We get sun breaks, problem is it's so random as to when or how long, can't really plan anything. Hmmm, maybe your right, I think Britain is the same.

laofengzi (376 posts) • 0

I enjoy the rain, it isnt cold, and keeps the dust down. but...the lack of a drainage system, and decent roads is what makes it hell.

Related forum threads

Login to post