论坛

Kunming rainfall

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I also thought the rain started a little earlier this year, at the end of April. I wasn't sure if this was just a fluke or my recollection being out a bit.
Personally, I would rather we had a bit more rain this year. Yunnan needs it, and it is better than the water rationing we had last year. Although I had noticed some drop in water pressure at certain times of day, this was not as severe as last year.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@HFCAMPO

You're a treasure trove of info. You wouldn't happen to have access to a site that provides 3D human factors information on CHinese (typical heights for M/F, arm length, leg length, torso length, eye position, etc). I have this info for (of all places) the UK - but British tend to be rather tall and Chinese in general - not as tall.

As for the weather - climate change (formerly global warming)...but I still think the poles are reversing - that's my conspiracy theory...

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Yunnan Provincial Meteorological Bureau in Kunming.
Intersection: Huan Cheng South Road + Xi Chang Road.
Address: #77 Xi Chang Road
Phone: 6418-9523

The weather info is NOT for the public. Students can get a letter from their school if they want to get any info.

Kunming Meteorological Bureau in Chengong.
Intersection: Cai Yuan Middle Road + Chun Rong St.
Address: Shi Long Road
Phone: 6415-5249

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

@Campo: not sure what you mean by the weather info not being for the public - I'm not disagreeing, just asking you to elaborate - odd that weather info might not be public info.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

For some reason they will not tell or give any info about the weather on the phone or in person. It is like National Security or something.

My wife told them she wanted the total annual rainfall for 2014. That she was a student who needed it for her thesis. They told her to bring a letter from her school and they will give her the info she needs. The same happened last year to another university student of mine.

Fortunately, I found this website and I dont need anything from them. As you can see, this site is missing data from 2014.

en.tutiempo.net/climate/ws-567780.html

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

The recent rains have been as a result of 'cloud seeding' that's what my wife told me.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

during the thunder storm on tuesday there were some very strange sounding bangs/booms, my gf said they might be seeding the clouds

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

as far as i can think, they dont need to seed clouds when it is actually raining, or thunder heads forming. they seed in clear blue sky

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

@Campo: Interesting bureaucratic thinking about release of weather info, etc. Quite a few years ago I taught private English classes to a Mainland businessman in Hong Kong - he made the interesting comment that, largely as a result of the CR, the first things he'd think of when waking up in the morning were all the things he must avoid doing, rather than the possibilities of things he might do, and he recognized this as a misordering of priorities, for business dealings at any rate, that was ingrained in his head.

Related forum threads

Login to post