论坛

IP Calls

bluppfisk (398 posts) • 0

I've just given my parents a call in preparation of a call to my grandparents (they get confused by the skype delay) on Christmas day. 20 yuan is gone in less than 8 minutes though. Is this normal? Are there better options to call abroad?

aiyaryarr (122 posts) • 0

Using Kunming based SIM card and China Unicom prefix 101707 (then 00, then the country code and phone number) in Kunming to call USA & Hong Kong (land line or mobile) cost .60RMB/minute. Don't know the cost for calling other countries.

BillDan (268 posts) • 0

You have to be careful here with these cards and things. My wife bought some card for my mom in the US that was supposed to charge only 1 or 2 jiao per minute, for a call coming from there to here using a certain code. This was off some Chinese website service. A month later my mom got hit with a bill for a couple hundred dollars. The place never turned messages to her when she inquired.

I could these great cards in the US to here for something like 5$ for ten hours. But there is no such deal from here to there. Like you said the IP cards just go. We use MSN or some smart phone deal my wife figured out.

Related forum threads

Login to post