论坛

Windows 7 Ultimate

Greginchina (239 posts) • 0

if you're able to get a chinese version then you don't need the english version.

The Ultimate and Enterprise versions of Windows 7 allow you to download language packs. I'm running Win 7 Ultimate Chinese with English language pack for my login and its identical to the English version except for the bootup and initial user login screen which is in chinese.

Chingis (242 posts) • 0

Thanks for that Greg. I read about the language functions in Ultimate, but was unclear on their specifics. Now I know, cheers

hongxiongmao (50 posts) • 0

I am also running Win7 (Chinese) ultimate edition with English language pack,and wanted to let you guys know that once you've installed the language pack,you can change the bootup and initial user login screen to English.I believe the setting to change that is in control panel>Clock,language and region > display language > administrative > copy settings.Give it a shot and lemme know if it worked for you.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Yes. I THINK I installed Win7 64bit on my macbook (running under parallels) along with office2007 (and office 97...or was that 95? Needed to run Rational RequisitePro).

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

I was able to purchase Win 7 Ultimate (English) here in Kunming. It had to be special ordered. It was not cheap! Many of the computer shops here just install a pirated version of the OS.

I've run both Office 2007 and Office 2010 on Win 7 and since it's backward compatible you could even run older versions, but why would you want to.

Ouyang (243 posts) • 0

I've seen Windows 7 Ultimate OEM(Chinese, which is easily changed to English) version online for about 1,500 RMB in China. In the US I believe it goes for about $200 USD.

OEM version means there is no customer support, and I believe you must do a clean install.

If you're skepticle of buying software online in China(which you should be since 99% of businesses here use pirated software). Then my advice is have someone buy it abroad for you online, and then just have them send you the software key, and DVD if you can't get a copy.

Related forum threads

Login to post