论坛

Google and GMAIL blocked?

timkunming (87 posts) • 0

Hey guys,

I've been trying to access my e-mail and google search for the past few hours with no luck. I'm fairly certain it's not a problem with my computer or net connection as other sites load fantastically.

Anyone having the same issues?

piers (144 posts) • 0

I've been having problems too. I don't think it's blocked but seems to be in and out of service. I got onto the site, typed in the search string and then it stopped working. Not sure if it's a search engine temporary glitch caused by great firewall or what...

LaoBenDan (39 posts) • 0

As gmail has been on and off these days - even when using vpn - I have set up Google Gears " gears.google.com/ " . Google Gears then creates a local offline copy of your Gmail account onto your Desktop and keeps it synchronized whenever there is access.

Give it a try, I like this piece of software quite a lot ...

JustSomeGuy (23 posts) • 0

I just tried it and Google and Gmail work fine for me as does the Yahoo home page. However, when I try to go to Yahoo mail it ends up at us.mc451.mail.yahoo.com/[...] (yeah, part of that is of course variable) and then craps out. Of course when using a VPN it works just fine.

seahorse62 (141 posts) • 0

Neither yahoo nor google are working for me a few minutes ago, but it just started working again as of 9:14pm. Also, I could not get to any website if my goTrusted VPN was turned on. Did the Chinese government figure a way to block goTrusted?

debaser (647 posts) • 0

been having problems too. same here... nothing would work through my proxy and google / translate appeared to be blocked earlier. all ok now though so fingers crossed.

tiger1986 (43 posts) • 0

I am undergoing the same problem until tonight midnight. Hope this will be fixed by tomorrow. What Google is preparing for us in China??!

Related forum threads

Login to post