论坛

Chiropractor?

Beverz (1 post) • 0

I live in Lijiang, and I need a chiropractor. Has anyone been to a chiropractor recently in Kunming? I know there have been some previously but haven’t been able to find one yet. Thanks for any help.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

I've never been able to find a chiropractor in Kunming.

Closest I found was in either Chengdu or Chiang Mai.

tunehog (4 posts) • 0

I had the same problem.. After six months of desperation, I solved by starting to practice yoga by watching beginner videos on youtube.

herenow (357 posts) • 0

You might also consider acupuncture. It has been shown to have some effectiveness for back pain, although it's not clear whether that is due to a placebo effect:

www.mayoclinic.org/[...]

Anecdotally, acupuncture basically worked a miracle on knee pain my mother was suffering from that had threatened to immobilize her.

lemon lover (1006 posts) • 0

Chiropractic is a pseudoscientific complementary and alternative medicine that is concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system, especially the spine. Chiropractors, especially those in the field's early history, have proposed that such disorders affect general health via the nervous system. The main chiropractic treatment technique involves manual therapy, especially manipulation of the spine, other joints, and soft tissues, but may also include exercises and health and lifestyle counseling. Chiropractors are not physicians or medical doctors.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiropractic

Jandeman801 (2 posts) • 0

I had a back and leg problem and for this visited a Traditional Chinese Medicine doctor in Kunming. He does acupuncture, but combines it with chiropractic work on the spine. It helps for me. Also been to a chiropractor back at home in Europe and basically the treatment is comparable, except for the needles of course. I guess you can go to any TCM doctor in Lijiang. The one I’m visiting in Kunming has this address; 云南省-昆明市-五华区-茭菱路566(富滇银行旁). Good luck.

Related forum threads

Login to post