论坛

Day of mourning for coronavirus dead

herenow (357 posts) • +1

For anyone who hasn't heard: in addition to being Qingming, today will also be an official national day of mourning for China's coronavirus victims.

From China Daily ( govt.chinadaily.com.cn/[...] ):

"During the commemoration, national flags will fly at half-mast across the country and in all Chinese embassies and consulates abroad, and public recreational activities will be suspended across the country.

At 10:00 am on April 4, Chinese people nationwide will observe three minutes of silence to mourn for the diseased, while air raid sirens and horns of automobiles, trains and ships will wail in grief."

I would like to suggest that foreigners conduct ourselves with an appropriate level of solemnity today, especially when in public and during the three minutes of silence. I say this in the same spirit as @colinflahive's post last month about wearing masks: www.gokunming.com/en/forums/thread/16344/wearing-masks

Mikhail_Ivanova (6 posts) • 0

I stood still during the 10am siren, as did most pedestrians on the streets. Cars and ebikes halted. Many were honking their horns in unison. In my mind, I was also thinking about the global death toll, not just those in Wuhan. The mounting victims in Italy, Spain, Iran, and the US. Most Chinese websites, APP programs like Taobao, and Wechat mini-programs were donning black & white interfaces. GoK can also follow suit today if willing/capable. [prayer emoji]

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Where I live (BeiChen qu) nobody stopped. People were just going about their business.

Related forum threads

Login to post