论坛

Darwin award for bars

DanDare (141 posts) • +1

I see a bar is having a hookah night promotion. Free hookah to the first few tables.
WTF! seriously?

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

Anything to bring in customers, no? Ha.Ha. Dou Yin has some funny videos of store employees dragging customers to come into their shops. Now that the worst is over, how do you get customers to have the confidence to wine and dine? Shop?

herenow (357 posts) • 0

In response to public concern, the promotion is being expanded to also offer free ventilator treatment including intubation.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

You know you change the nibs on the pipes when you share a hookah. Im sure they have thought of that.

herenow (357 posts) • +2

Do you trust with your life that that will happen in a hygienic way? Seems dubious when highly-trained medical personnel are routinely getting infected. Not to mention that smoking a hookah typically involves more than just touching the nib -- there are other ways that an infection could be spread.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

You have a nib each in your hand. And you use your nib, from your hand, that comes to you, pre wrapped when the hookah arrives.

herenow (357 posts) • +1

I don't think that refutes my points.

Moreover: New York has seen "bodies loaded onto refrigerated morgue trucks by gurney and forklift outside overwhelmed hospitals, in full view of passing motorists." There are corpses lying in the streets in Ecuador. This is not the time to be splitting hairs about whether it's safe for people to inhale out of the same apparatus for the sake of an evening's entertainment.

apnews.com/57ed90189a682fff96b25e7e1805facf

www.washingtonpost.com/[...]

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

I think the Darwin award should be split between all the individuals who willingly inhale toxic chemicals, whether shared or not, and whether there was a current public health concern or not.

Bars or other entities making profit on that deserve some other award in my opinion.

Related forum threads

Login to post