论坛

Returning from Thailand

colinflahive (167 posts) • 0

Does anyone know somebody returning from Thailand today? It seems Kunming has extended enforced quarantines for those coming from Thailand. We leave for ten days to Thailand tomorrow and will cancel if it is confirmed.

satii (82 posts) • 0

Colin, I hope you're not entering Thailand from China ( nor South Korea, Macao, Hong Kong, Italy or Iran). Because if you are, you'd be facing a 14-day compulsory quarantine.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

You might face the quarantine entering Thailand and again when you return to China.

Wash hands and don't travel.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

Sorry to be vague but there are conflicting news stories as to what Thailand is, isn't, won't and will do in the Bangkok news.

Per BBC on March 3: "Travellers from countries with severe coronavirus outbreaks who arrive in some parts of China will have to undergo a 14-day quarantine, state media say."
www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51718614

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

No matter what the situation is today, it's subject to change at any moment.

You could find out there's no quarantine on return today, but there could be when you return.

I've also heard conflicting stories about quarantine on arrival.

My friend in Bangkok (a nurse at the air force hospital) as well as the hotel where I had booked my now canceled stay both said there would be quarantine if arriving from China.

colinflahive (167 posts) • 0

we have had enough friends going to Thailand the last few days who have had no problems on the Thai side. Now it is coming back to Kunming that seems to have upped the rules.

satii (82 posts) • 0

Colin, this was just updated 2 hours ago on ft.com in regards to yesterday's new guidelines issued by the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand:

"Carriers will be asked to perform health checks of passengers at check-in and passengers will be asked to present health certificates “certifying that they have no risk of Coronavirus Disease”, according to the guidelines, dated March 8 and published on Monday... Passengers who are unable to present such certificates will be denied boarding.

Thailand last week designated the same six countries and territories “dangerous communicable disease areas”, and imposed a mandatory 14-day self-quarantine requirement for people arriving from them. The new rules set a 20,000 Thai baht ($633) fine for people who failed to comply, but there was confusion as to how the new rules would be enforced, or to which countries they would apply."

(paywall?)
www.ft.com/content/f3db4bfe-ed33-3300-80ea-c0fdfd2dc7e7

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

Here's a recent article regarding the new entry requirements to Thailand.

These were just announced the other day.

Health certificate requirement is noted, as is quarantine on arrival.
Airlines need to follow the rules strictly since it appears their aircraft can also be held for disinfection (at cost).

I expect China Eastern to start cutting back on scheduled flights any day now.

www.tatnews.org/[...]

Related forum threads

Login to post