Wonders Of Yunnan Travel

Forums

New Coronavirus

herenow (333 posts) • +1

Weigh the costs and benefits before going into any place that requires an entry/exit scan, especially high-traffic locations like Walmart/Carrefour. Think of the potential consequences if the app's central database records that someone found to be sick within the next couple of weeks was also in that place around the same time as you.

herenow (333 posts) • +5

A couple of things on a lighter note:

AlPage48 wrote "...I needed my wife's assistance since I can't read Chinese."

Another option is to take a screenshot and then scan the resulting image with the Baidu Fanyi translation app.

And this is good - a parody of Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn" with a coronavirus theme:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_QXvh8fVPI

duke is me (10 posts) • 0

Having attempted yesterday to make a short move to a new apartment, the broker was told by the 'police' that as a foreigner, I would have to stay in a quaranteed

hotel for 14 days before being cleared to make a move. I have not left KM for 7 months.

kc430 (57 posts) • 0

Received email from U.S. State Department today:

"The Department of State has upgraded our Travel Advisory for

China to Level 4: Do Not Travel due to novel coronavirus first identified in Wuhan, Hubei province.

Those currently in China should attempt to depart by commercial means."
"We strongly urge U.S. citizens remaining in China to stay home as much as possible and limit contact with others, including large gatherings. Consider stocking up on food and other supplies to limit movement outside the home.

U.S. citizens remaining in China should follow the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Chinese health authorities’ guidance for prevention, signs and symptoms, and treatment (www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html)."

I see the State Department urged citizens to leave in an advisory posted on February 8. Message here:

china.usembassy-china.org.cn/[...]

JanJal (1027 posts) • 0

From the GoKunming official page:

"The Entry and Exit Bureau service has not resumed on Monday, February 3. "

I'm assuming this is a typo (not=now), but in case it isn't, is there any new info on this?

GoKunming (143 posts) • +1

@JanJal

They did not open on February 3 as was previously announced, but can only be visited after making an appointment through the phone number provided for urgent cases.

We're going to check if this has changed and will update. Thank you!

AusKM (2 posts) • +2

@GoKunming

My wife called them up today because my passport is due for pickup with my residence permit and they said that they're still not open to the public and that appointments need to be made if it's an emergency

Login to post Register to post