论坛

Romantic dinner

dolphin (509 posts) • -1

So you're saying that the bot is sophisticated enough to recognize every name in the english language and strip away any numbers and yet not sophisticated enough to write a proper english sentence?

Could be, I guess. Bot needs some tweaking.

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • -3
Comment hidden by user downvote 点击展开更多

It can strip numbers off a username. And if you think the sentence I quoted was well-formed you're not a native speaker.

napav (33 posts) • -3
Comment hidden by user downvote 点击展开更多

By that logic, y'all better show us Trump's birth certificate. Commander in chief's command of literacy is questionable at best. Half his maga supporters' writing proficiency probably no better than Dora's. Kick 'em all out of 'Merica.

lemon lover (1006 posts) • +1

We are going off topic here and I know I am to blame for that.
For international cuisine you are probably better off at À table :
www.gokunming.com/[...]
then at one of the international hotels were the food usually is mediocre and anyway overpriced.

Haali (1178 posts) • +1

Sofitel has good views but the food is just good rather than superb in my experience. Never eaten at Intercontinental but it should be decent and it's a nice quiet part of town. Or if you have time for a 1-2 hour journey each way and overnight stay, the the Hilton Hotel at Fuxian Lake is beautiful and they have some pretty decent food considering it's quite remote location.

BoJoke (34 posts) • +3

For Sofitel, arrive early for dinner before the lobster area gets ransacked into oblivion.

If Fuxian Hilton, inquire about reservation (at least two weeks in advance) for their candlelight dinner on the beach.

Less than 2 hours by high speed train, Dali Hilton is another possibility. The balcony overlooking Erhai Lake is quite romantic. The trees are lush as Hilton sits at foot of the mountain.

BoJoke (34 posts) • -1

Stellah, regarding your "wildfire" theme, please don't burn down Kunming. "Stellahhhhh!"

Perhaps a more tamed candlelight picnic at Haigeng Park (edge of Dianchi waters) or Xishan mountain's off the beaten track grassy areas. Bring a bottle of wine, homemade lobster (or precooked and delivered to your address). Buy a moisture-proof picnic mat or a hammock that ties to trees for 30kuai on Taobao. More hands-on if you will.

YaXu5 (23 posts) • -1

Your subtle reference, dichotomous passivity of Stella caught in crossfire in A Streetcar Named Desire, did not go unnoticed.

redjon777 (560 posts) • 0

Romantic is not something this forum would be too helpful with lol, now conspiracy theories, double agents and internet all round dodgy doings... yes ;o)

Intercontinental is in a nice area with views of Dianchi lake and Western hills close by. The food is nice compared to what someone else mentioned and they have several different restaurants catering to what you may fancy. Thai, Malaysia and a buffet restaurant. Buffet tops out for me as they always have an Indian and British style section:o) last time me and my wife went on an anniversary they gave us flowers and some small romantic style cakes to take away so they’re thoughtful.

Hope advice didn’t miss your anniversary.

Related forum threads

Login to post