论坛

Bringing a german shepherd service dog to kunming

WayoftheSun (52 posts) • 0

Hello All,

I lived in Kunming for 2 years 2013-2015 and found it to be very dog friendly. I am considering moving back with my older service dog who will be retiring soon (she's a white lab mix, 85 lbs) and my smaller german shepherd male who is training to take over for her (56 lbs). He will get a little bigger than that, but not more than about 65lbs. I know that german shepherds are technically banned in kunming, would he be safe there or would I seriously risk having him taken away or hurt? From what I can gather, I can't imagine the police would take a foreigner's dog who is wearing a service dog vest unless he bit someone (which would never happen, both are incredibly friendly and well trained dogs being as they are service animals). Does anyone have any information for me about this? My Chinese friend thinks I'll be totally fine, but every city in China is a little different.

Thanks!

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • +1

Service dogs are not a thing in China or Kunming. Heck they eat dogs. That being said I have seen german shepards in my neighborhood. In fact the owner has two. Mother and son duo. Once you get them here and go through the process of making sure they have their shots, etc. they will be fine. They would have to be quarantine for a while too.

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • 0

Liuming just wanted to ask in case you know. If your dog is microchipped and has all the right paperwork does it still have to go into quarantine?

WayoftheSun (52 posts) • 0

I can answer that, no, depending on the country youre bringing the dog from. I know if its coming from the US, it doesn't need quarantine. Check what country you're bringing them from.

Related forum threads

Login to post