论坛

Q2 Visa Questions

pen24 (18 posts) • 0

I just got my Q2 Visa, I had hoped for a Q1. I was wondering if anyone knew, after the first 180 days how long do you need to leave the country for? Is it one of those leave for a day or so and then re-enter? Also I was wondering if anyone had any experience either getting on a plane or going through passport control with just a one way ticket. It seems to be difficult to determine exactly what the requirement is even once you have the Visa

Thanks

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

I also have a Q2 (I had also hoped for a Q1), but since I got it in HK they only gave me the 90 day instead of 180.

On one occasion I went to Shenzhen, crossed over to HK to do some shopping, and returned a few hours later.

When I went to the local police station to register after my return the lady doing my paperwork was confused about the validity of exiting and re-entering same day, but she phoned downtown and was told it was ok.

Keep in mind that rules are subject to change and that was a few years ago.

Passport control is not checking your ticket, just your passport and visa.

cloudtrapezer (756 posts) • 0

It's airlines that usually cause trouble over one-way tickets not passport control. But I have never had a problem flying to China on a one-way. Maybe the airlines know that China won't make a fuss about it. Airlines flying to Thailand from here also don't bother asking about return tickets.

pen24 (18 posts) • 0

Hey guys thanks for the replies. Since I'm going to use China as a base for three other trips, Vietnam, Singapore, maybe Australia. Having to leave every 6 months for 2 weeks to a month is not so inconvenient for me. I'm anticipating my entire stay in the Dali area will not extend beyond 17 months. Seems like its manageable.

pen24 (18 posts) • 0

I'm flying in on Delta and They say, they being not the people at the gate, that they don't see a requirement for a round trip ticket and its good to know that the question will not come up at passport control.

Related forum threads

Login to post